AMI is looking for a candidate with experience in the areas of chemistry, materials science and engineering or polymer science and engineering including synthesis and characterization, polymeric material formulation or controlled release and smart delivery systems. The qualified candidate will be responsible for supporting the new product development efforts of AMI. The candidate must be a self-starter, able to work independently in a team environment. The ideal candidate should demonstrate an ability to plan, prioritize and execute experiments in an efficient and timely manner. Candidates are expected to demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills through a record of publications and conference presentations as well as excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work effectively with a diverse team of co-workers.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience with formulation of any combination of liquid water-borne coatings (including acrylic DTM coatings and epoxies), solvent-borne coatings (including polyurethane and epoxy DTM coatings, epoxy primers and build coats and zinc-rich primers) and powder coatings (including polyester, epoxy, silicone and acrylic chemistries) is desired.
- Experience with polymer synthesis and characterization, testing, microencapsulation and other controlled release and smart delivery systems is a plus.
- Familiarity with standard materials characterization instrumentation including but not limited to Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) Spectroscopy, Infrared Spectroscopy (IR), Thermogravimetric Analysis (TGA), Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC), Gel Permeation Chromatography (GPC) and Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM) is a plus.
- Successful track record in product development is a plus.
- Must have strong experience with chemical laboratory work.
- Analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter capable of meeting objectives with minimum supervision.
- B.S. or B.A. in Chemistry, Materials Science and Engineering, Polymer Science and Engineering, Chemical Engineering or related field is required at the Associate Development Chemist and Development Chemist levels. M.S. or Ph.D. is desired for the Senior Development Chemist level but a B.S. or B.A. will be considered with 10 or more years of experience in coating formulation and a track record of developing products that have been commercialized.
To apply for this position, please send us your resume.